If you’re thinking of selling your home, you need a marketing plan.
Just like any other product people buy or sell, a home’s value must be communicated to the proper audience to ensure the seller gets the best possible price.
Marketing your home means more than putting up a sign on your lawn and placing an ad in your local newspaper. You need to have a complete marketing plan that takes into account your home’s unique qualities, the objectives you want to achieve and the resources that are available to you.
Work with your Realtor to establish a marketing plan that involves pricing your property, deciding when to list it and what features need to be cleaned, repaired or upgraded. At this stage it is essential that you are completely honest about the condition of your home, your financial needs and any time constraints.
Once you have the basic information established, the “guts” of the marketing plan, which means determining how best to inform consumers that your home is for sale and how excitement can be created, needs to be flushed out. Your Realtor will be able to offer his/her recommendations on what marketing vehicles are optimal as a myriad of products and activities exist. The marketing plan should utilize multiple marketing activities, such as listing with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), newspaper advertising, brochures, Open Houses, neighbourhood mailings, etc.
In addition to the standard tools, most Royal LePage Realtors have access to the industry’s leading marketing tools and resources, including:
· www.royallepage.ca: your home will be featured on Royal LePage’s innovative website which consistently receives more than 2,500,000 property page views per month;
· Virtual Reality Tours and Slide Shows: available for many homes on the website, giving prospective buyers a private tour of your home;
· Online Feature Sheets: providing pictures and greater detail of your home when people want to know a little more than the basics;
· Referral Network: your property’s information will be available to nearly 10,000 Royal LePage Realtors coast-to-coast and 700 real estate companies in the world through an exclusive affiliation; and
· Customized Just Listed/Just Sold cards distributed to potential buyers with details of your home on it.
Your Realtor can help you determine which tools will be most beneficial in your particular situation and market. Whatever plan you decide on, make certain that you are an active part of it. Reviewing the plan’s development on a regular basis should be a built-in part of any successful marketing plan.
This article provides just a sampling of the many ways there are to market your home to ensure you receive the best price possible. To get more information on how Royal LePage and I can help you put one together, please contact me directly.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this article. However, the information provided is general in nature and those with specific questions should seek professional advice that meets their particular requirements.